Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, traveling has been a cause for concern due to the increased possibility of infection. It has therefore become necessary to adopt certain safety measures to travel comfortably without getting infected. In this article, we’ll be highlighting some tips for traveling without getting infected, as well as some beautiful tourist attraction places around the world.
1. Plan ahead of your destination
Before setting out on your journey, it’s essential to conduct thorough research on the destination you’ll be visiting. This will enable you to identify if there are any travel restrictions or quarantine requirements in place. You can also get updates on the current COVID-19 situation in that location.
As the world reels from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, traveling has become more complicated, uncertain, and riskier. With the constant threat of infection, many travelers are hesitant to embark on their adventures, often getting caught in the dilemma of whether to stay or go. But with careful planning and preparation, it is still possible to travel comfortably and safely.
2. Get Vaccinated
Additionally, it’s crucial to get vaccinated before setting out on your trip. Vaccination significantly reduces the risk of contracting COVID-19, and it’s advisable to get vaccinated at least two weeks before the journey. This will give the vaccine enough time to develop immunity within your body.
3. Wear a Face Mask
When traveling, always wear a face mask and avoid touching your face or eyes. Carry hand sanitisers and frequently wash your hands with soap and water. Maintain social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from other people because Covid-19 is still outside.
It’s also essential to pack sufficient amounts of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face masks, gloves, wipes, and hand sanitisers. This will enable you to change your PPE frequently, reducing the risk of infection.
Apart from staying safe, traveling is an excellent opportunity to explore beautiful places around the world. Here are some tourist attraction places to consider once travel is safe:
Tourists Attractions For Travellers
Located in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is a great destination for lovers of water sports such as snorkeling, diving, and surfing. The serene beaches, crystal clear waters, and adventurous activities make it an ideal tourist destination.
2. Bali, Indonesia
Bali is a haven for those seeking a relaxing escape. The island boasts beautiful beaches, scenic rice paddies, and ancient temples. Bali is also renowned for its unique cuisine and cultural heritage.
Travellers can travel to Bali by air or sea. The main airport in Bali is Ngurah Rai International Airport, which is located in Denpasar, the provincial capital of Bali. It is serviced by many international airlines, as well as domestic airlines from other parts of Indonesia.
Another option for travellers is to travel to Bali by sea. Bali is a popular destination for cruise ships, and there are several ports on the island that accommodate cruise ships.
Once in Bali, travellers can get around the island by taxi, motorcycle, or car rental. Bali is relatively small, and it is easy to explore the island by driving around. However, be prepared for heavy traffic in some areas, particularly in the southern part of the island.
Tanzania is home to some of the world’s most impressive wildlife and landmarks, such as Mount Kilimanjaro. Visitors can enjoy game drives through expansive national parks such as the Serengeti and Ngorongoro. Tanzania is also home to the beautiful Zanzibar archipelago.
- Visa Requirements: Most visitors to Tanzania require a visa, which can be obtained on arrival at the airport or at the border. It’s advisable to check the visa requirements before travelling and to ensure you have all the necessary documents.
- Health Precautions: Tanzania is a tropical country, and visitors should take precautions to avoid mosquito bites to prevent malaria and other mosquito-borne illnesses. It is also recommended to get vaccinated for yellow fever and have up-to-date routine vaccinations.
- Wildlife Safaris: Tanzania is known for its wildlife safaris, and it’s important to book with a reputable company that follows ethical practices. When on safari, it’s important to follow the rules and regulations set by the park authorities and to respect the wildlife.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Tanzania is a diverse country with many different cultures and religions. It’s important to be respectful of local customs and traditions, dress modestly, and ask permission before taking photos of people.
- Currency: The local currency in Tanzania is the Tanzanian shilling, but US dollars are widely accepted. It’s advisable to carry cash as credit cards may not be accepted everywhere.
- Language: The official language of Tanzania is Swahili, but English is widely spoken in tourist areas.
- Climate: Tanzania has a tropical climate, with hot and humid weather year-round. It’s important to bring appropriate clothing and sunscreen.
- Safety: Tanzania is generally a safe country, but visitors should be cautious in crowded areas and tourist hotspots. It’s also advisable to take precautions with personal belongings and to avoid walking alone at night.
- Food and Water: It’s important to drink bottled or purified water and to be cautious with street food to avoid getting sick.
- Tipping: It’s customary to tip guides and drivers on safari, as well as in restaurants and hotels. A tip of 10-15% of the total bill is usually appropriate.
4. Kyoto, Japan
The land of the rising sun is renowned for its rich cultural heritage, beautiful gardens, and unique cuisine. In Japan, visitors can explore bustling cities such as Tokyo and Osaka, or experience the ancient traditions of Kyoto.
In conclusion, traveling without getting infected requires a conscious effort to maintain safety protocols. With proper research and preparation, travelers can enjoy beautiful destinations worldwide while staying safe. Which locations is your favourites? Let’s meet in the comments…